The Needham Housing Authority Maintenance Department upholds the following obligations to its residents:
- To deliver the leased premises in a decent, safe and sanitary condition at initial occupancy in conformity with the requirements of Chapter II of the State Sanitary Code.
- To provide and maintain in good condition a heating system and to supply legally requisite heat during the period of September 15 through June 15 of each year, unless the Resident is required to supply heating fuel.
- To provide and maintain in good condition a hot water heater and to supply legally requisite hot water in sufficient quantity and pressure for ordinary use unless the Tenant is required to supply the fuel.
- To provide extermination services as necessary. Resident may be charged for special extermination services required as a consequence of the residents failure to keep premises in a clean and sanitary condition or failure to properly prepare the leased premises for scheduled extermination services.
- To maintain the structural elements of the building containing the leased premises.
- To maintain the common areas of the building open to the household.
- To provide a stove and refrigerator in a safe condition and working order at initial occupancy.
Any resident requiring maintenance assistance during work hours should call the Needham Housing Authority management office at 781-444-3011. This call will generate a work order which will be distributed to a maintenance staff member qualified to effect the repair. Please click HERE to see the linked PDF to review a list of charges applied to certain tenant related maintenance issues.