Needham Housing Authority
28 Capt. Robert Cook Drive, Needham, MA 02494 - ( 781) 444-3011

Federal Housing

Picture of Seabeds Way DevelopmentWhat is Federal Housing

Federal housing was built with and is partially maintained by funds received from the the Federal government. Needham Housing Authority must follow the rules and regulations established by the Congress and the Department of Housing and Urban Development. To view the rules and regulations governing federally-aided housing, click on or go to the following

Who is Eligible for Federally-Funded Housing

Families and those who are at least 62-years old or who are handicapped or disabled and meet the income requirements may be eligible. Please be advised that, due to the large number of applicants on the lists, our family-housing waiting lists are presently closed. Only our waiting lists for the elderly and disabled are open. See the Application page in this website for more details and for helpful hints on how to find affordable housing.

The following income limits are for FY2009. Needham Housing Authority will try to update these figures as they change; however, applicants should call 781-444-3011 or e-mail to confirm that the maximum limits are current.

Federal Gross Household Income Limits
(Gross income by household size, includes income from assets)
1 person 2 person 3 person 4 person 5 person 6 person 7 person 8 person

Federal-Funded Housing Developments

Developments &
Type of Housing Number & Size of Developments

Captain Robert Cook Drive - 651



Our 2 & 3 bedroom waiting lists are closed.

Click here for helpful hints on how to search for affordable housing.

30 units
4 four-bedrooms units*
5 two-bedrooms units
20 three-bedrooms units

*one four-bedroom unit is used as the Community Room

Seabeds Way - 652 Elderly/Disabled 46 one-bedroom units

For pictures of, more information on, and directions to the developments, click here.

Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV - formally called Section 8)

Needham Housing Authority has 108 Housing Choice Vouchers. HCVs allow a person to rent a privately-owned unit. The Authority receives funds from HUD to pay part of the tenant's rent to the landlord and the tenant pays the rest. Those meeting the above income requirement may be eligible for the voucher. For more information about HCV go to For further information on applying for HCVs, please go to our Application Page.